Tradebulls brokerage services, is a growing financial services company started by Mr. Dinesh Thakkar. It is incorporated as a non government company in Goa on 9th June, 2009. Tradebulls offers wealth management and brokerage services with equity trading, commodity and derivatives, futures and options and currency F&O as its main products. They also provide distribution for IPOs, mutual funds, personal loans, portfolio management and insurance. With an authorized share capital of Rs 4.25 Crores, it is based in nine cities with more than 1000 employees working in 18 branches. It has memberships with BSE, NSE, MCX, MCX-SX, and NCDEX and is also a registered participant at CDSL. Tradebulls is currently having a major presence in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- Tradebulls Client is a web based application, where the clients can just login to the browser and start trading. This app is compatible in all devices like desktops, mobiles, laptops, tablets etc. The application is designed to work on low speed internet connection. Clients are provided with live market analysis and updated information regarding stocks.
- Tradebulls Diet is a specialized trading terminal introduced exclusively for heavy traders. Traders can view multiple exchanges in a single screen. The portal works with exceptionally high speed providing real time market information. It ensures smooth execution of heavy orders and transfers from multiple banks at a given point of time.
- Tradebulls Touch is an average rated mobile application launched by Tradebulls to meet requirements of individual clients with low trade volumes. It enables the clients to open the account from their mobiles and perform intraday trading in its products. Touch works on both android and iOS platforms. It provides portals like client ledger, derivative open position, client margin, etc to track activities of the client. It also provides updated local and global market data. With push notifications the clients are alerted with changes in prices of their chosen stocks. Index watch, metal watch, global watch etc are features that help in analyzing stock market. The clients can place direct calls to their relationship managers and place service requests.
- Tradebulls Net.net is another browser based platform designed to work in proxy and firewall setups. Like all its other platforms net.net offers various facilities to facilitate easy trade to clients. Through allowing access to multiple windows and multiple exchange information at the same time, clients are kept up to date with streaming quotes from live market.
Tradebulls equips the clients with well supportive customer care. Traders can call, email or approach their physical offices for enabling their trade. Clients are provided with daily, weekly, monthly reports and call evaluation facility as a part of Tradebulls research initiative.
|Nature of trade||Transaction Charges (in %)|
|Equity Delivery||0.10 – 0.30|
|Equity Intraday||0.010 – 0.030|
|Equity Futures||0.010 – 0.030|
|Equity Options||₹ 50 – 80 per lot|
|Currency Futures||0.010 – 0.030|
|Currency Options||₹ 50 – 80 per lot|
|Commodity Options||0.010 – 0.030|
|Minimum brokerage||₹ 30 per trade|
|Charges for Demat account opening||Free|
|Demat AMC||₹ 300- 800 pa|
|AMC for trading account||Free|
|Margin Money||₹0 – 3,00,000|
Brokerage Plans for trading:
|Type of Charge||Lite||Basic||Elite||Infinia|
|Equity Options (per lot)||₹ 80||₹ 70||₹ 60||₹ 50|
|Currency Futures (per lot)||0.030%||0.025%||0.015%||0.010%|
|Currency Options (per lot)||₹ 80||₹ 70||₹ 60||₹ 50|
|Minimum Brokerage(per trade)||₹ 30||₹ 30||₹ 30||₹ 30|
Margin money decreases as the volume of trade increases. Apart from the above mentioned transaction charges and brokerage charges, other standard charges are applicable:
- GST of 18% on brokerage and transactions charges
- Transaction charges of 0.0325 % on total turnover
- STT of 0.0126 % on total turnover
- SEBI turnover charges of 0.0002% on total turnover
- Stamp duty of respective states
- Annual maintenance charges can be waived of with a one- time payment of Rs 550/.
- There is online charge calculator provision in its browser based terminals.
Pros and Cons of Tradebulls
Brokerage charges of Tradebulls are very reasonable when compared to its counterparts. Ever since its establishment it has been trying to win over its competitors with low margin money and charges. It is always making its place in the top ten discount brokers in India. However, being a relatively new market entrant Tradebulls is still finding its way to compete with other stock broking companies. Though it has been regarded as an amicable place to work in, the reviews on its trading facilities have been lagging behind. Particularly its mobile app is found under performing with technical issues. There are clients who expressed their concern over presence of hidden charges and claiming a higher brokerage in the name of margin money. All of its trading platforms have their own glitches and the customer service hasn’t proved itself to be very helpful in times of need.
Tradebulls is reputed for its cost effective and comprehensive platforms. With ratings and reviews dropping all over the internet, they have to widen their horizons and work out to emerge to the front line.