SAS (South Asia Stocks Limited) Online is one among the recently established stock brokering company with its inception in April 2013. As of today, the SAS Online records a daily turnover of Rs 6000 crore and has 20,000+ active clients over 750+ cities across the country. SAS offers trading across stocks, futures and options, currency and commodity on NSE, BSE and MCX. It operates online and absence of its offline presence, partners and franchise save HR, real estate and other operational costs, thus offering low brokerage charges to its investors with no hidden costs. It charges flat Rs 9 executed order or monthly Rs 999 for unlimited trading and both carry fixed brokerage costs.
Why SAS Online?
- It offers the lowest stock brokerage for stocks, F&O, currency and commodities.
- No hidden costs or account minimums.
- Refer and earn policy available.
- Highly secure, technology-based, hassle-free online trading platforms.
SAS Online Trading Platforms:
- SAS NEST Trader: It is a fully functional trading platform with powerful tools and real-time monitoring, available across desktop, web and mobile phones. Key features include:
- A customizable interface as per user’s requirement.
- Advanced charting with a wide range of indicators.
- Trading through BSE, NSE and MCX across all segments and exchanges from a single window.
- Get superfast real-time quotes.
- SAS Online Alpha Desktop Trader: It is a front-end application and installable trading terminal for the desktop. Key features include:
- Provision to trade in segments Equity, F&O, Currency, Commodity across exchanges NSE, BSE and MCX.
- Real-time market stream.
- All types of orders Normal Buy/Sell, CO, BO, AMO covered plus can trade from charts.
- Alerts and scanners scripted.
- Free access to historic data and advisors.
- Technical analysis with 80+ technical indicators.
- SAS Online Alpha mobile app: It is an ODIN NEST app to trade in various segments across all exchanges. Key features include:
- Fast and intuitive.
- Higher intra-day exposure via CO and BO.
- Aftermarket orders are possible.
- Fund transaction to SAS account possible through the app.
- Real-time charts with position conversion and square-off options.
- Market screeners to assist with hot stocks.
- Customized watch lists.
- SAS Online Alpha Web: It is a browser-based terminal and has all the features needed for day-to-day trading. Key features include:
- Possible trading in multiple segments across all exchanges.
- Supports multiple types of orders Normal Buy/Sell, CO, BO, AMO.
- Possible direct trading from charts.
- AI-powered advisory.
- Real-time market quotes.
- Single interface for trader, order, fund.
SAS Online Account Opening Charges:
- Trading Account Opening Charge (one time): Rs 200
- Demat Account Opening Charge (one time): Rs 200
- Trading Annual maintenance charge (AMC): 0
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 200
SAS Online Brokerage Charges:
Investors need to pay brokerage charges when buying or selling stocks. SAS Online charges flat Rs 9 per executed order across all segments offered.
|Equity Delivery||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Currency Options||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures||Rs 9 per executed order|
|Commodity Options||Rs 9 per executed order|
SAS Online Trading Plans:
SAS Online offers 4 different trading plans for its investors.
- Rs 9 per executed order: This plan offers trading at flat Rs 9 per executed order, irrespective of the size of the trade. Brokerage is charged at Rs 9 or 0.01%, whichever is lower.
- MCX Rs 999 per month: This plan offers unlimited trading at MCX stock exchange in commodities for Rs 999 per month.
- Equity Rs 999 per month: In this SAS Online plan, pay Rs 999 month and trade unlimited in equity segment across BSE cash, NSE cash and NSE F&O segment.
- Currency Rs 499 per month: With this plan, trade unlimited in currency derivatives at NSE exchange at Rs 499 per month.
SAS Online Exposure/Margin:
Leverage wise, SAS online discount broker offers minimal exposure across segments.
|Equity||Up to 5 to 9 times on Intraday|
|Equity Futures||Up to 2 times on Intraday|
|Equity Options||Up to 2 times for Selling|
|Currency Futures||Up to 2 times for Selling|
|Currency Options||Up to 2 times for Selling|
|Commodity||Up to 2 times for Selling|
SAS Online Charge Structure:
- STT: Intraday and F&O (Selling). Delivery trades in Equity (Selling/Buying)
- Stamp Duty: Depends on the state the customer resides in.
- Good and Service Tax (GST): Flat 18% of total brokerage cost + transaction charges.
- SEBI Turnover Fees: Rs 15 per crore.
- Transaction or turnover charges: Charged at Rs 325/crore for Equity, charged at Rs 250/crore for Futures and charged Rs 6000/crore on premium for Options.
- Unlimited monthly trading plans enables investors to trade inflexibly and unrestrictedly at NSE, BSE and MCX.
- It is one of the cheapest stock brokers.
- Exposure against shares is available.
- Client referral policy is available with 20% to 50% sharing bracket range.
- Margin funding is available through Equity Plus.
- Does not offer 3-1 Demat account as it does not have its own depository service.
- Call & Trade cost an additional Rs 20 per executed order.
- GTC (Good Till Cancelled) and GTD (Good Till Date) not available in Equity segment.
- No provision to invest in mutual funds, FDs, NCDs IPOs, FPOs.
- NRI trading not possible.
- Average customer care service.
SAS Online is a recently established discount stock broker and relies primarily on low brokerage charges and decent exposure, but that all is just not enough for long-term survival. It has a long way to go and there is space for improvisation – whether it be trading platforms, customer service, trading products – all mediocre, as of now. Investors who are looking for low brokerage charges only can choose this discount broker.