Indiabulls, founded in the year 2000 by Mr. Sameer Gehlaut, is a leading conglomerate in housing finance, consumer finance and personal wealth. It also deals with lighting and infrastructure, leasing of construction equipment, real estate and pharmaceuticals. Head quartered in Gurgaon, Haryana, the group has a net worth of more than ₹ 75,838 Crores. It conducts all its businesses through the group of companies namely Indiabulls Housing, Indiabulls Real estate, Indiabulls Ventures, Indiabulls Led, Indiabulls Pharmaceuticals, Indiabulls Asset Management and Indiabulls Consumer Finance.
Indiabulls Ventures deals with securities and derivative broking services with presence in more than 124 cities in India. It is a full service stock broking company listed in NSE, BSE and Luxembourg Stock Exchange for its Global Depository Receipts (GDRs). It is registered as a depository participant, stock broker, merchant banker and a research analyst with SEBI.
The broking products offered by this company are equity trading, currency trading, derivatives, commodity, Demat account and distribution products are mutual funds with SIP, Systematic Equity Plan, Online Offer for Sales and IPOs. It is currently operating across more than eighteen cities, with over 6 Lakh clients. Indiabulls Commodity, Indiabulls Asset Reconstruction Co. Ltd, Indiabulls Investment Advisors Ltd and IVL Finance Ltd, are wholly owned subsidiaries of Indiabulls Ventures. This company achieved revenue of ₹ 22,114.9 Crores and a profit after tax of ₹ 6072.2 Crores as on 31st March, 2018.
- Power Indiabulls (PIB): Indiabulls is one of the few brokerage firms, which charges its clients for using their trading platforms. PIB is an advanced trading platform for which clients have to pay non-refundable fees of Rs750/- to activate their account. It’s a terminal based software that can be installed on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. It comes with features like:
- Customisation of widgets and themes according to clients’ choice
- Live market commentary, instant alerts and buzz news.
- Alerts for changes in prices, volume or percentage changes in stocks.
- Availability of real time reports, live news, tic by tic intraday charts and world market summary
- Market statistics of top gainers or losers and most volatile stocks
- Context sensitive help, a unique feature through which the clients can seek assistance from the customer service team, in every individual section of the website about its usage and troubleshooting
- Permits smooth and efficient NRI trading
- SHUBH Web: It is a web based trading platform where clients can just login to their accounts and carryout trading. Compatible with most commonly used browsers, this facility can be accessed from desktops without the need to download anything. The website is equipped with portfolio tracker, research reports, live streaming of quotes, and online payment gateways.
- Multiple Chart Set up allows users to watch four advance charts at the same time for their analysis.
- Traders can build up the two watch lists of NSE and BSE according to their choice and track them simultaneously.
- Offers a comprehensive dashboard with options like PNL, track your holding, detailed order book, trade book, net position, etc.
- SHUBH Mobile: This is a mobile application that can be downloaded on both android and iOS platforms. Traders can enjoy all facilities that are available on the web based platform. The app offers a simple user friendly interface to buy and sell securities easily.
- It suggests ideas based on market research to its users.
- Makes reports across various market segments like currency derivative, futures and options, etc, available.
- Provides trading in derivatives i.e., futures and options segment.
- Allows generating margin reports and easy fund transfers.
|Type of Charge||Amount|
|Trading Account Opening Charge||₹ 750 one-time|
|Trading Account AMC||₹ 0|
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹ 0|
|Demat Account AMC||₹ 450 per year|
Minimum brokerage Charges:
|Equity Delivery||0.30 %|
|Equity Intraday||0.03 %|
|Equity Futures||0.03 %|
|Equity Options||₹ 100 per lot|
|Currency Futures||0.03 %|
|Currency Options||₹ 100 per lot|
|Equity Delivery||0.00325 %|
|Equity Intraday||0.00325 %|
|Equity Futures||0.0025 %|
|Equity Options||0.0550 %|
|Currency Futures||0.0025 %|
|Currency Options||0.0550 %|
Advantages of Indiabulls
- Indiabulls Ventures has the credit of being the first company to be graded BQ-1 by CRISIL. It the highest broker quality grading which indicates the financial stability, and efficient risk management system of the company.
- Brickworks Ratings has also graded the company with a credit rating of BWR A+ and BWR A1+ for its fund and non-fund based facilities. It also has many awards in its cap for the outstanding quality of services provided by the group as a whole. This brand name has been a great advantage to establish themselves in the market.
- Indiabulls is known for its highly efficient and sophisticated online trading platforms amongst their kind.
- It is well known for its reliable research recommendations.
- It is very convenient for NRIs to trade through the Indiabulls platforms.
Disadvantages of Indiabulls
- Charging the usage of its online trading platforms can be considered as a major drawback with Indiabulls. While most of the other stock brokers offer their trading platforms for free, Indiabulls has marked a setback in this respect.
- Though brokerage charges are reasonable when compared to premium brokers, their transaction charges are a bit higher than other discount brokers.
- Mobile application is not popular yet. It has recorded less number of downloads in the recent past when compared to its competitors. Also the existing complaints on the app performance are left mostly unresolved.
- Does not offer a 3-in-1 account.
Though Indiabulls Ventures is facing few setbacks in terms of marketing itself, it has the rare advantage of being belonged to a highly successful group. It has to strive to use the group’s fame and accolades to its advantage in pushing itself to greater levels. It is quite in practice that the clients get to negotiate deals with their brokers while trading. Even firms provide attractive brokerage concessions when trades cross certain limit. But they do have to note that clients will always be willing to go an extra mile if they are satisfied with the services provided. And more importantly when brokerage firms choose to be among the premium class, they are expected to take best care of the client’s interest. There is every chance that they might slip away to competing discount brokers, if not held carefully with good service.