IDBI Capital Markets & Securities Limited, a subsidiary arm of IDBI Bank Limited, is a multi-purpose online stock trading firm and one among the top 10 mutual fund distributors in India. It was previously known as IDBI Paisabuilder. IDBI Capital was incorporated in the year 1993 with 12 branches across 12 cities in India with an active client base of over 40,000. It has relationships manager and business associates spread across all the branches to help solve any issues and provide effective services to its clients. It is a registered member with NSE and BSE. It has launched its own investing portal www.idbidirect.in.
It provides trading/investment options in equities, derivatives, mutual funds, IPOs, NCDs, bonds, etc. Apart from retail and brokering services, it also offers investment and distribution services (fixed income products, mutual funds, etc). It also offers services like research and tips, education and training, instant fund transfers and relationships manager. Being a bank based subsidiary, it offers integrated 3-1 account for its clients which facilitates hassle-free fund transfer and provides a quick and seamless transaction.
Why IDBI Capital:
- Integrated 3-1 account facilitating a quick and seamless transaction.
- Provision for NRI trading.
- Variety of products and services for clients to choose from.
- Multiple and flexible brokerage plans.
- Advanced charting and analytical tools.
IDBI Capital Products:
- Equity SIP: In this systematic investment plan, every month a fixed amount needs to be invested in selected stocks. It can be done in two ways:
- Amount based SIP: Here a fixed amount can be invested in stocks of choice at pre-determined frequency and tenure. 10 scrips are allowed.
- Quantity based SIP: This option allows to purchase a certain amount of shares of the company. 5 such scrips are allowed to be purchased.
- Encash: The sell orders are settled and credited into the client’s account on the trading day itself. But this is only in case of shares available in the client’s Demat account.
IDBI Capital Trading Platforms:
IDBI Capital has its own in-built technology-focused team to develop its platforms.
- IDBI Power Pro: It is a desktop-based trading terminal which needs to be downloaded and installed on your PC. Best suited for heavy traders. Key features include:
- Personalized market watch lists of specific scrips.
- Audio and visual alerts.
- Real-time order tracking.
- Advanced charting tools with indicators.
- In-depth research reports and analytical data (at both fundamental and technical levels)
- IDBI Power Streaming: It is a web-based trading terminal which can be accessed through any browsing systems. Key features include:
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Can create up to 7 market watch lists with up to 50 scrips in each watch list.
- Real-time analytical charting with indicators.
- Hotkey functions for quick analysis and order placement.
- IDBI Power Classic: It is the basic platform offered by IDBI to trade in equity, shares, IPOs and mutual funds. Basic features include:
- Live order status directly from NSE and BSE exchanges.
- As it is web-based, it can be accessed across all devices.
- Integrated account service.
- Access to different reports, contract and account notes.
- IDBI Mobile App: It is a mobile trading app by IDBI who traders who trade on the move. There have been some concerns relating to this app and it needs improvisation. Key features include:
- Real-time market quotes across NSE and BSE.
- Customized market watch lists.
- Advanced analytical charts at both fundamental and technical levels.
IDBI Capital Account Opening Charges:
- Trading Account Opening Charge (one time): Rs 700
- Demat Account Opening Charge (one time): 0
- Trading Annual maintenance charge (AMC): 0
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 350
IDBI Capital Brokerage plan:
It offers 2 plans and clients can choose based on their volume and frequency.
- Card Rate Plan: Here the brokerage charged is a percentage of the trade value.
- Ace Trader Plan: Here also brokerage is percentage-wise, but depends on monthly trade turnover.
- Flexi Gold Plan: Here pre-determined upfront payments are done for a duration of 6-12 months. At the end of the tenure, brokerage charges for trading performed are deducted and the remaining amount is refunded back.
Card Rate Brokerage Plan:
|Segment||Brokerage Charges (Card Rate Plan)|
|Equity Options||Rs 100 per lot|
Flexi Gold Brokerage Plan:
|Plan||FG 5000||FG 10,000||FG 25,000||FG 50,000||FG 1,00,000||FG 5,00,000|
|Duration||6 months||9 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
|Square off Brokerage (per leg)||0.04%||0.04%||0.03%||0.02%||0.01%||0.01%|
|Options Brokerage (per lot per leg)||60||40||25||20||5||10|
IDBI Capital Margin/Leverage:
|Equity Intraday||Up to 10 times|
|Equity Futures||No leverage|
|Equity Options||No leverage|
- Integrated 3-1 account for quick and seamless fund transfers.
- Offers both online trading (through its technology-focused platforms) and offline trading (through Call & Trade, RMs and business associates).
- Varied and flexible brokerage plans both for casual and heavy traders.
- In-depth research and technical analysis.
- Invest in equity, mutual funds, F&O from a single platform.
- Brokerage charges are comparatively higher.
- Technically not up to the mark trading platforms (especially the mobile app).
- No provision for commodity trading.
- No provision for currency trading.
IDBI Capital is a bank-based full-service stockbroker, one among the top 10 mutual fund distributor. It provides a large array of products and services for its clients to choose from, whether it be investment, trading, deposit, wealth management, distribution or advisory. Parent arm being bank services, it also offers integrated 3-1 account to facilitate instant fund transfers. It also provides online trading services to NRI customers. So anyone looking for a full-service broker with all the provisions under one roof can go and opt IDBI Capital. But one also needs to bear in mind that it does not offer commodity and currency trading, brokerage charges are relatively higher and trading platforms are not fully up to the mark. If trading is the only purpose without the need for any tips and recommendations, then other discount brokers with lower brokerage can also be considered.